Quick and Instant recipe to prepare Potato Pickle
- Potatoes – 3
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Hing/asafoetida -generous pinch
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Chilly powder-2 tsp
- Tamarind -huge gooseberry size
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry .
- In little water soak the tamarind for about 10 mts , then squeeze it well & throw the residue.
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Chop them to 2 inch cubes.
- Run over salt n deep fry in oil.
- Remove on a tissue paper to drain the excess oil.
In a kadai add oil , Mustard seeds and when it stops sputtering add hing, curry leaves ,chilly powder, then add tamarind water.
fry for a while, add in the fried potato cubes and mix well !
Note : This pickle can be preserved only for a day or two .
Recipe Courtesy : Archana Nagesh