ambade( hog plums) chutney by Padmanayana Vasudeva, Muscat, OMAN
Hog Plum known as Ambade in Mangalore is a fibrous fruit and has been my favourite since childhood. SLURP!!!
1/2 cup coconut
5 green chillies
6 cloves of garlic
8 boiled ambade or ac to the taste
1. Boil the ambade in salted water till tender and cool it.
2. Grind coconut along with green chillies, garlic and salt with little water.
3. Lastly add mashed ambade (remove seed) and grind for one more minute.
4. Check the salt and chilly.
5. Serve with ganji or as a side dish