3 cups raw rice
1 cup Phova or beaten rice or rice flakes
coconut milk of 1 coconut or instant milk
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp methi seeds
2 tsp instant yeast or dry yeast diluted in warm water
4 tsp or less sugar
1. Clean, wash & soak rice, methi, urad dal for 4 hours together.
2. Grind with coconut milk and bajil ( cleaned & washed ) to a very fine paste.
3. Add yeast and mix the batter.
4. Keep it for fermentation for about 4 to 5 hrs in a warm place.
5. Then prepare dosa with non stick tawa or aapam pan without oil.
– Recipe by Padmanayana Vasudeva, Muscat, Oman