chicken : 1kg (preferable nati/desi chicken with skin )
red chillies(large) – 15no
red chillies(small) – 5no
ginger – 2cm large
onion(chopped) : 1 big
tamarind – 1 small ball of 10gm
oil – 2-3tspn
1. grind red chillies and tamarind into a fine paste
2. in a pan mix cleaned chicken with 1tbsp of turmeric powder and 2tbsp of oil and cook it till chicken turns into yellow color from the pink raw color, for hardly 3-4 minutes
3. this makes chicken hardens and avoids of breaking into small pieces while cooking.
4. now add grinded mixture to chicken with salt and mix it well and keep it for cooking
5. when 70% cooked smash ginger using a stone or any hard material in ur kitchen and sprinkle it all over the dish and continue cooking
6. when chicken is 90% cooked in a pan add 2-3tbsp of oil and onion, fry till onion turns golden brown and add it to chicken and stir it.
7. gravy should be thick by now and switch of the flame and cover a dish with a lid and rest if for 10-15 minutes.
ur yummy natikoli pulimunchi is ready.
this dis is authentically prepared using desi or nati chicken however you can use boiler chicken as well .
this dish is pouplar is costal mangalore areas served along with rice/rice roti/neer dosa.
do comment if you have any questions 🙂