Bangda / bangude / mackerel Fry
8 medium sized Whole mackerels (bangda)
3 tbsps Lemon juice
3 tsps Red chilli powder
3 tsps Red coriander powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp pepper powder
2 tbsps Ginger Garlic paste
1 cup Rice powder
Oil to shallow fry
Salt to taste
1. clean the fish and make four to five quarter inch deep cuts on both the sides of the fish.
2 Mix red chilli powder,coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, Lemon juice and salt
3. apply this paste on both the sides of the fish and marinate it for half an hour, preferably in the refrigerator.
4. now in a frying pan add 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil.
5. Roll the fish in rice powder and shallow-fry in small batches of one or two fish at a time, without overcrowding the pan, for two to three minutes.
5. Turn the fish, sprinkle some more oil and continue to cook on medium heat for two
minutes or till the mackerels are light brown and crisp.
6. rest the fish on an absorbent paper /tissue paper for 2-3 minutes to remove any excess oil.
7. Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges.