lets learn how to prepare batata humman/batata vagu
Ingredients Required :
- 4 medium sized Potatoes
- 100 grams cashew nut
- 1 cup Coconut (scraped)
- 4-5 Red chillies (roasted Kashmiri chillies)
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp A large pinch Asafoetida(hing)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil Method
- grind scraped coconut, red chillies,tamarind and 25 grams of cashew nut into a fine paste
- peel potatoes, cut into 1cm cubic squares, in a vessel add 25gm of cashew nuts,potato cubes, 2 cups of water and heat the mixture till it just comes to a boil
- add grinded paste and allow to cook till it comes to boil
- add Asafoetida(hing water) and continue cooking in simmer 2-3 minutes.
- add 2 tbsp of coconut oil, cover with a lid and switch off the flame
- rest it for 5 minutes and you batata humman is ready
- Serve hot with steamed rice or chapatis.
do share your recipe on this website by mailing it us at firstname.lastname@example.org and win exiting prizes every month