½ cup green gram
1 pkt 200- 250 gms mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 spring onions thinly chopped or 1 big onion
6 cloves garlic
6 green chillies , chopped
½ cup cashewnuts, chopped
salt to taste
1/2 lime juice 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Preparation of green gram :
1. Clean the green gram.
2. Allow it to soak overnight.
3. Tie it in a muslin cloth and allow it to sprout for a couple of days.
4. Steam it in the cooker for 5 minutes adding salt. Keep aside.
1. Melt ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds & when they pop add the curry leaves.
2. Saute onions for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the green chillies & fry till it gives a nice aroma. Throw in the crushed garlic, then cashewnuts. Saute for a few minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, saute over low heat or until mushrooms are ready.
4. Add the cooked green gram & mix well.
5. Squeeze lime juice & then salt to be added. Remove from flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Good with chapatis & rotis.
Recipe by : Navanitha B Shetty