1 pkt 200- 250 gms mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp jeera
1 large onion thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 green chillii chopped
a pinch of garam masala powder
3/4 cup peas
salt to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Mangalore chillie masala
1. Melt ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds & when they pop add the jeera & fry for sometime.
2. Saute onions for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the green chillies & fry till it gives a nice aroma. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a few minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and garam masala powder, saute over low heat or until mushrooms are ready.
4. In the meanwhile take another small pan heat oil. Add the tomato puree & fry till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add 1 cup water, peas, chillie powder & salt. Cover & cook thick the gravy thickens.
6. Remove from flame. Pour over the mushroom and cook till all the ingredients are well blended. Check the seasoning.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. This curry is best relished with steaming hot phulkas.