Prawns Curry: (Sungta Ambat )
- 1 cup prawns/shrimps
- 1 cup fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 7-8 Badgi Dry Red Chillies
- 1/4 Turmeric powder
- 1 green chilly
- 1 tea spn coriander seeds
- 2 pieces dried kokum or 1/4th tea spn tamarind extract
- 1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic Chopped ( freshly chopped)
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Oil ( I used coconut oil)
Heat oil and fry Red Chillies ,Turmeric powder and coriander seeds .
Grind the same with coconut to a very smooth paste adding water.
Heat oil and fry chopped onions till they turn slightly brownish.Add ginger and garlic and prawns/shrimps and fry for some time.
Add the ground masala, green chilli(slitted) and kokum /tamarind extract.Mix it properly. Add salt ,pinch of asafoetida and sufficient water( curry consistency).adjust salt as per taste .Cook till completely done.
Serve hot with Rice.
Recipe courtesy : Amber Ulman