quick and easy Recipe to prepare Maavinkayi/raw mango Tambli.
Raw Mango – 1 (Take a sour one)
1 cup of Grated Coconut
Green chillies – 2
4 curry leaves
1 cup of curds
1 cup of water
• Chop the mango & green chillies and add them to coconut to grind it to a very thin paste.
• Add 1 cups of water to curds and blend it well to make it a thin mixture.
• Now, in a vessel add the ground coconut mixture and curds
• Add salt according to taste.
• Mavinakai Tambli is ready to serve.
In case you do not find sour Raw mango then add in a small piece of tamarind to give sourness to the tambli.
And if your mango is sour there is no need to add any extra souring agent.
If you have buttermilk then replace 1 cup curds and 1 cup water with 2 cups buttermilk.
You can even add a tempering with coconut oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Recipe courtesy : Aparna G Prabhu