SPICY PRAWN MASALA by Navanitha B Shetty
Here is a good Prawn curry which will be enjoyed by all because of its great taste, lovely blend of flavours and ease to prepare.Go coastal with this delectable dish!
500 gms Prawns
1 big tomato
20 gm ginger and garlic paste
juice of 1 small lime
4 tbsp cooking oil
60 gm Mangalore chillie masala powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
1 big onion, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Wash, deveined and clean prawns.
2. Marinate prawns in ½ tsp salt , ½ tsp Mangalore chillie masala powder and lime juice for 2 hrs or more in the fridge.
3. Roughly chop the tomato, take ginger garlic paste, mangalore chillie masala powder masala & make a thick paste from these ingredients using a blender. Rinse the blender jar & keep the masala water aside.
4. Heat oil in a vessel, add mustard seeds & when they splutter add the curry leaves. Add the onion & fry till pink.
5. Add the ground masala & fry till the raw smell disappears. Add the masala water to the vessel. Cover & cook for 5 minutes.
6. Now add the prawns and cook in a medium flame till gravy becomes thick.
7. Stir once to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
8. Remove from flame.
9. Serve with rice.