Val Val is a GSB community special dish prepared cooking various vegetables in coconut milk.
- 1 1/2 cups grated coconut
- 2 cups chopped vegetable ( yam, ash gourd , long beans, ridge gourd , pumpkin)
- green chillies 2-4
- jeera 1/2 tsp
- mustard 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves
- 2 tsp rice flour / maida
- salt to taste
- pressure cook all chopped vegetables fr 1 whistle..using 1 cup water.
- Grind grated coconut and extract thick milk. using 1 cup water.
- Add this coconut milk to boiled vegetable.
- add slit green chillies and salt.let it boil for 5 mins.
- add rice flour for thickness.
- Then season the curry with ghee , jeera and musard.
serve this dish with hot rice..