Vali kubbo ambat in konkani / basale marvai gashi in tulu / indian spinach clams curry recipe
- indian spinach(basale/vali) – 1 bunch
- clams(marwai/kubbo) -1 kg
- coconut 1/2 cup
- red dry chillies 8-10
- tamarind – 2 pulps
- onions- 2
- salt to taste
- coconut oil-2 tsp
- clean and chop the vali(basale or indian spinach) and pressure cook along with chopped onion (1) for 4-5 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Cook cleaned clams in other vessel with 1 cup of water for 10 mins.
- keep the one side of shell with meat and discard the other.
- Grind together coconut, tamarind and red chilles with water into a fine paste.
- add this ground masala to cooked vali(basale or indian spinach) and clams.
add salt to taste, bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil and add chopped onion.fry till they turn brown.
- add it to curry, serve hot with rice.