Boondi raita is quick to make with ready made boondi. This raita will be a nice side dish along with pulao’s or parathas.
2 Cups Curd (Yoghurt)
1 handful of boondi, ready made packet
1/2 tsp Cumin (jeera)
salt to taste
2 green chillies
sugar to taste
finely chopped coriander leaves
very little garam masala
1 tsp boondi
1. You can soak boondi in warm water for 2 minutes and squeeze out the water and then use to make raita. This way you can squeeze excess oil out. or You can use boondi as it is.
2. Beat curds, salt and sugar well. Then add boondi, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and mix well with yogurt.
3. If it becomes thick add little cold milk and mix it.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan & fry the jeera. Allow to cool. Add this to the curds. Taste to check if you need additional salt. Add little salt as to taste if needed.
5. Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Keep in refrigerator for an hour or so.
7. Serve boondi raita chilled.
Recipe By Navanitha B Shetty