- 2 cups bombay rava (fine rava)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup scraped Coconut
- pinch of hing
- 1 medium bunch chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- small piece ginger
- 3-4 finely chopped Green chillies
- 1/2 cup Gram flour (besan flour)
- Salt to taste
- oil for frying
1. Mix rava and salt. Heat two tablespoons of oil and add to the flour and mix gently. Add sufficient water and mix into a semi soft dough. Cover with a wet cloth and let it rest for at least two hours.
2. For the filling, finely chop green chillies, ginger, curry leaves. Heat oil in a pan and make a seasoning (tadka) of mustard, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves and hing. Adjust salt and mix thoroughly.
3. mix the dough again and divide into sixteen equal portions. Divide the filling into sixteen equal portions.
4. Grease your palms spread one portion of the dough into a small round puri.
5. Place a portion of the filling in the centre and gather the ends and roll again, Dip in a little flour and roll into a puri of 3 inch diameter. Similarly prepare other puries.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and gently slide in the puri one at a time.
7. Deep-fry on medium heat till both sides are golden.
8. Drain on an tissue paper for any excess oil and serve hot.