Murukku is a savoury, crunchy snack originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular in southern India, and Sri Lanka. The snack’s name derives from the Tamil word for “twisted”, which refers to its shape. In India, Murukku is especially popular in the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh. It is also popular in countries with substantial presence of Indian and Sri Lankan diaspora, including Singapore and Malaysia.
- Rice flour 2 cups
- 1 /2 cup roasted gram dal
- 2 tsp sesame
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tsp butter
- salt to taste.
- First grind Roasted gram dal in mixie jar.
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour, powdered roasted gram dal, Chilli powder, asafoetida,butter and salt.Mix well by hands by rubbing.
- Prepare dough by adding little water.
- In chakli mould add dough and make chaklies.
- Fry chaklies on medium flame.
Note : Instead of butter you can use ghee.
Recipe courtesy : Ratna Shenoy