- 1 1/2 Cup of Carnation Evaporated Milk (not 2%)
- 1 Cup of UN-salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar (you may swap this with canned sweet milk)
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- pinch or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (jaifar) powder
- pinch saffron
- 1 lb of Carnation Milk Powder (comes in a box)
Turn the heat to low
Add carnation milk powder 1/4 lb at a 15 minute time interval and keep stirring….until all powder milk is added – keep stirring as it becomes paste. Ensure its not too liquidy – but pasty.
It will take 1 hour to add all powder milk.
Now pera is ready to be rolled. What I do is take a tray, put wax paper on the tray, make round balls and then take a glass that has a design in the bottom.
I dip the glass in warm water and the i press the pera balls to make is flat round and it will leave a nice design on the top.
Add pistachio to each pera to garnish decor
Voila you have just made delicious pera