Nutritious ragi flour is a very popular ingredient in Kannada Cuisine.
Ragi with its high Iron and fibre content has obvious health benefits. Even a diabetic can enjoy this dosa without feeling guilty. This is my own version. I tried the same recipe by fermenting also. Both came out very nicely. You can try both the ways.
Taste bhi, health bhi!
1 cup ragi powder ( finger millet)
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup fine rava
4 tbsp soya powder
1 tbsp gram flour
5 tbsp grated coconut
1 tsp yeast
1 small chopped onion
1 grated carrot ( little for decoration)
1 cup curd
1. Mix all flours, rava along with curd, water, yeast, coconut, onion,carrot and coriander leaves.
2. Batter should be of dosa consistency.
3. Spread dosa and sprinkle grated carrot and coriander leaves and add little olive oil or any oil on the top of the dosas.
4. Serve with butter or tomato ketchup.
5. Tasty and healthy instant dosa is ready to serve.
6.These dosas can be served with home made white butter or any chutney of your choice.
– Recipe by Padmanayana Vasudeva, Muscat, OMAN