Bombay Duck is actually fish typical of the Maharashtra coast. This fish has soft bones and is eaten along with the bones.
lets go ahead and learn how to prepare this yummy fish fry
- 8 Bombay duck /bombil fish
- 1 /2 cup Rice flour
- 1 /2 cup rava
- 1 /2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Remove the head and the fins of the fish. Cut it from the centre lengthwise and slit it open.
- Mix together rice flour, rava and set aside.
- Rub salt and turmeric powder to slit bombils and sandwich them between two layers of cloth and place a heavy weight (like a paat – grinding stone) over them for one to one and a half hours, so that excess water from the fish is drained out and absorbed by the cloth.
- Mix together ginger paste, garlic paste and red chilli powder and apply this to the bombils,
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Dust the marinated bombil with the rice flour and rava mixture and deep fry on medium heat till crisp and light golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately.